A bus Safety Program is presented to all kindergarten and grade 4 classes within SD No. 83 schools in the fall. This is to introduce our elementary riders to the rules of riding a school bus safely. The students really enjoy interacting with ‘Buster’ (remote control bus) as he demonstrates the School Bus Safety Rules.
Remember Buster’s Rules:
1. Always obey your bus driver.
2. Get to your bus stop on time.
3. Stay away from the street when waiting for the bus.
4. Don’t damage property or litter.
5. Make sure the bus is stopped before getting on.
6. Line up in single file.
7. Use the handrails to get on and off the bus.
8. Use a backpack for your things and put it on your lap.
9. Keep the aisle clear.
10. Never throw things on the bus.
11. Keep arms and hands inside.
12. Stay in your seat while the bus is moving.
13. Talk quietly and don’t scream or shout.
14. Don’t play with the emergency door.
15. When approaching or leaving your bus, if you must cross the street, always cross in front of the bus where the driver can see you.
1. Be on time.
2. Never run to or from the bus.
3. Stand back from the curb.
4. Don’t push or shove.
5. Stay in your seat.
6. Don’t yell or shout.
7. Always obey the driver.
8. Wait for the driver’s signal before crossing.
9. Always cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus.
10. Never crawl under a school bus.