Help keep our schools healthy! To help reduce the risk of a communicable disease coming to a school or school district site, students, staff and other adults (parents, visitors, etc) are asked to practice “Health Awareness” prior to entering the building. Health Awareness means checking for symptoms of illness (including but not limited to COVID-19 symptoms) and not coming to school when sick.
Visitors should be aware of the communicable disease prevention plan personal practices, which include:
- check for symptoms of illness and stay home if sick
- wearing a mask or face covering is a personal choice
- practice hand hygiene often
- practice respiratory etiquette
- respect personal space
- avoid sharing items that come into contact with the mouth (e.g. food, drinks, utensils, etc)
Travellers entering Canada must follow testing and quarantine requirements, visit travel.gc.ca for more info. There are some exemptions for fully vaccinated travellers who are permitted to enter Canada. Please follow the guidance from health authorities regarding self-isolation [source]. Please continue to check travel.gc.ca/travel-covid for the latest updates.
For more information please go to https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/covid-19-safe-schools