School District No. 83 (North Okanagan-Shuswap)
Timelines and Application Requirements
- Applications close at 3:30 pm on May 13, 2021
- Candidates will be notified no later than May 27, 2021 of their status
- Interviews are scheduled, over a two day period, with Preliminary Interviews taking place during the day of June 8.
- Final interviews, will take place during the day of June 9.
- It is anticipated that the successful candidate will assume the position August 1, 2021, or at a mutually agreeable date. Details to be finalized at the time of appointment.
- As the district is also recruiting a Secretary Treasurer, it is anticipated that the Superintendent designate will attend an interview for that position on June 18.
APPLICATION PACKAGE REQUIREMENTS
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position, current role and key responsibilities you have had related to the position of superintendent.
A complete and up to date resume must be provided, clearly describing:
- all relevant education;
- all job and leadership experiences related to the role;
- provincial and/or community involvement/committees; and
- any awards or certificates of recognition.
Letters of reference are not required but will be considered. References to Be Contacted
A one-page list, with contact emails and two phone numbers (office or home and cell) of professional references, including one from each of:
- Superintendent (for candidates not in the role)
- Secretary Treasurer
- District Indigenous Education Committee Representative
- Teachers’ Association
- District Office colleagues
Please note that applications through the Apply Online feature at Make A Future will not be accepted. All documentation is to be submitted in a single pdf.
Applications close at 3:30 pm on May 13, 2021. Completed applications are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org