A former principal, Human Resources Director, and Superintendent of Schools in SD83, Glenn Borthistle strongly supported students and developing student leadership. He and his wife, Judy, established this fund to recognize a deserving student!
This annual Student Leader Award is given to exemplary student leaders from across the district. The aim of this award is to recognize outstanding achievement and contribution to student leadership in secondary schools across SD83. A SD83 Student Leader Award of at least $500 will be offered to one deserving student who best exemplifies leadership qualities and service to the School District.
A student graduating from any secondary school located within the boundaries of the School District who intends to pursue post-secondary education at an accredited institution. The recipient of the award is a person of good character and strong academic ability who has demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities.
- Be a graduating student in a secondary school in SD83
- Be in good academic standing (70%+ average over last two years of study)
- Have demonstrated a capacity for student leadership by making significant contributions to his/her school and/or the school district
- Have provided service throughout his or her secondary school experience
- Be planning on post-secondary education (see award requirements).
2023 Award – one scholarship of $500 (for this year will finish its rotation at Pleasant Valley Secondary School and next year will be a district award)