You are invited to attend one of eight strategic planning sessions being held across School District No. 83 (North Okanagan-Shuswap) in the upcoming weeks.
Superintendent Donna Kriger explains the information, ideas and data gathered from the initial survey/thought exchange has been reviewed and now it is time to begin face-to-face meeting with parents, students and the community.
At the meetings a summary of the survey will be shared. “We will then be talking to those in attendance, asking questions and listening for additional feedback to ensure we give the diverse communities within our district the chance to have their voices represented.”
“Our Board of Education and leadership team would like to invite you to attend one of these important planning sessions. Your voice matters.”
Meeting will be held:
- Monday Feb. 13 at 6 – 7:30 p.m. at Eagle River Secondary in Sicamous
- Monday Feb. 27 at 6 – 7:30 p.m.at Falkland Elementary in Falkland
- Tuesday Feb. 28 at 6 – 7:30 p.m. at Carlin Elementary Middle School
- Wednesday March 1 at 6 – 7:30 p.m. at the District Education Support Centre (DESC) in Salmon Arm
- Thursday March 2 at 6 – 7:30 p.m. at Pleasant Valley Secondary School at Armstrong
- Monday March 6 at 3:30 – 5 p.m. at North Shuswap Elementary
- Tuesday March 7 at 6 – 7:30 p.m. at A.L. Fortune Secondary in Enderby
- Wednesday March 8 at 6 – 7:30 p.m. at the DESC in Salmon Arm
The sessions are part of the strategic plan development which will guide SD83’s work over the course of the next five years. “We are working to develop a roadmap to guide the direction of School District No. 83. Our desire is to create a strategic plan which will enable students within the district to thrive academically, socially, emotionally, and culturally within a school environment that supports their ability to learn, succeed and feel a sense of belonging.”