Are you interested in your child taking part in SD83’s Early French Immersion Program?
There will be an information session about SD83’s Early French Immersion Program for interested parents and children on Wednesday, January 11th from 5 – 6 p.m. at Bastion Elementary School. This session will be an opportunity to learn more about the program, and to consider if this is a program you would be interested in for your child.
What are the benefits of learning a second language?
- Learning a second language develops your child’s listening and learning skills as well as their self discipline
- It increases their cognitive abilities by helping them to become more flexible thinkers.
- It enhances their knowledge of and their ability to communicate in their first language.
- It makes learning a third and fourth language easier.
- It can provide opportunities for future employment or career advancement.
Just a note that parents do not need to speak French in order for their child to take part in this program.
There are two options for registering a child:
- Families can come to Bastion Elementary School on January 17 to complete the registration paperwork. Families will need to bring their child’s Birth Certificate and BC Services Card. Welcome!
- Families can phone the school (250-832-3741) to request a link for online registration.
Registration opens for regular Kindergarten, Early French Immersion and the South Canoe Outdoor Learning Program for Kindergarten 2023 on Tuesday, Jan. 17 at 9 a.m. Welcome!