Due to a shortage of certified teachers, The North Okanagan-Shuswap School District is looking to hire individuals without a teaching certificate to replace absent teachers. Successful applicants will be working on-call.
Teacher Replacements are needed at the Elementary, Middle and Secondary Level with specialized disciplines such as Music, Arts Education, French Immersion, Applied Design, Skills and Technologies, Mathematics & Science, English Language Arts, Social Studies and Physical and Health Education.
Teacher Replacements will perform the normal duties of a teacher such as instruction, supervision, lesson preparation and marking for the day’s assignments. It is expected that they will follow directions provided by the regular classroom teacher and the school Principal.
Successful applicants will have:
• A university degree;
• Experience working with children or youth in a formal position or as a volunteer;
• The ability to connect with students;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills;
• Demonstrated ability to organize and safely manage groups of children;
• To complete a criminal record check prior to employment.
Please submit an application including a cover letter, resume and copy of Academic Transcripts, Certificates and/or Diplomas and three professional references at email@example.com .